Just when you thought things couldn't get any more millennial, there's a new must-have accessory for our wireless generation. But unlike most of today's cult products, this one doesn't need charging. Sound too good to be true?
Well, it's not quite what you might think. This wireless concept is less modern tech, and more a reinvention of an old love. As the demand for the fusion of stylish and comfortable clothing continues to propel the athleisure movement, women all over the world are transforming their wardrobes - right down to their underwear.
. For generations, we've believed that underwiring is the answer to all our less-than-perky-boob problems, but as our demand for comfort has accelerated, so has the science behind our underwear. Good news: it's no longer necessary to wear a bra that bites into your skin. After all, why bother slipping into a deliciously squishy sweatshirt if beneath it your tatas are hemmed in by something resembling next door's scaffolding?
Launching a fresh line-up of said bras is , who have carefully crafted three new styles that not only satisfy our comfort needs but also work with any outfit - and look good in the process.
The 'Beauty Light' style focuses on providing gentle support, and is designed with sharp lines so it's perfect for low-cut looks. The 'Beauty Soft' style, meanwhile, is all about the feel of the bra: it has flexible cups and no back hooks or shoulder-strap adjusters to eliminate any chance of discomfort. And finally, the 'Relax' bra is crafted from a lighter, more seamless material in a tank-top silhouette with removable pads (maximum comfort doesn't mean minimum shape y'know), and comes - as its peers do - in a number of different colourways.
So when GLAMOUR HQ discovered that wireless bras not only offer the support and comfort we crave but also work a wide variety of looks, we were ready to snip the seams and remove the wires from our own bras. OK, just kidding. But we did commit to wearing one of for a week. Here are 10 of our most profound thoughts:
1. Ooh, so I just reached for a pen and didn't creak… Interesting.
2. [When booking flights for fashion week] Now I won't set off the airport security scanner alarms - can I get a HALLELUJAH?!
3. Guuuurls, how are you still so perky without that metal framework?
4. I've been home two hours and only just taken my bra off… That's never happened before.
5. A whole week without my skin being punctured by my underwear = #blessed.
6. I've also had no scratches. No poking-out-wire scratching my sides. Heaven.
7. My fake tan is still intact and hasn't been rubbed off like it was by my old, heavy-duty bras. Result.
8. Oh hiya, I can finally wear fitted tops without visible underwire construction.
9. None of my clothes have been attacked in the wash by a stray exposed underwire, yes!
10. Who actually ever thought putting WIRE in our UNDERWEAR was a good idea?!
Being millennials, we should've known better… Wireless, we'll never doubt you again.