Love Island is fast upon us. Anyone else literally counting down the hours until Monday?
We might be biased but we consider it to be the greatest reality TV series, like, ever, so we jumped at the chance to jet out to the Love Island villa to meet the cast, chat to Caroline Flack and find out all the villa secrets.
We grilled the show's producers for all the juicy secrets from behind the scenes - and our minds were blown. Here's what we found out about everyone's favourite TV show...
Do the Love Island cast know each other?
1. Producers go to some seriously extreme lengths to keep the contestants from meeting before the show. They are all flown over on different days and different flights. They also stay in different parts of the Island in a plethora of hotels. They have their own personal chaperone to keep them safe and from trying to find the other Islanders and even have their phones confiscated before they jet out.
When we interviewed the new cast, including Samira, Kendall, Hayley, Laura and Dani, there were four security members waiting in the corridor to ensure they didn't bump into other cast members; it was akin to an mi5 operation.
The Love Island 2018 cast is hotting up, with new bombshells already
Are Love Islanders allowed phones?
2. The Love Islanders are allowed phones, but not to communicate with the outside world. Samsung provide them with phones and they have an island chat where they can talk amongst the other Islanders and then Love Island producers can them from the control room.
Are the Love Island cast head-hunted?
3. Most of the Islanders are head-hunted by producers or talent scouts via Instagram. A lot of this year's contestants have been approached several times to go on previous shows.
How many people apply for Love Island?
4. Over 150,000 people applied to be on this series and there's plenty of potential islanders waiting in the wings in Mallorca to enter the villa in the coming weeks as 'bombshells'. You can still apply through the show and they keep casting for new contestants.
How to get a place on Love Island: The 2018 cast, producers and Caroline Flack reveal the key to success
Is Love Island scripted?
5. The show is far from scripted. "The beauty of the format is that it allows us to do what we want," one producer told us. "We follow the way the stories lead, we don't go in with a master plan. The beauty is that we can be reactive and flexible so we follow where the islanders lead us."
How does Caroline fly out to Love Island?
6. Caroline can be flown out with a few hours' warning. "We'll get Caroline a passport and fly her out if there's a reason for her to be here tomorrow, and none of us know when that will be as none of us know where the contestants will take us," said one.
Is Love Island cut chronologically?
7. The show isn't cut chronologically. It doesn't begin in the morning and end in the night; the producers can end a show in the middle of the night to give them time to adapt to what is happening. The evictions often happen at 3am after public votes have been counted up.
Who cleans the Love Island villa?
8. A cleaner comes into the villa once a week to give it a spruce up and change all the bed sheets.
Why is the Love Island bedroom so long?
9. Ever wondered why the bedroom is so long? Well, it's because there's a secret kitchen behind the bedroom. The house is owned by a Spanish farmer and the producers had to build a wall to divide his kitchen in half and use the other half as the bedroom.
How much alcohol do they drink on Love Island?
10. There's no restrictions on how much the cast can drink. One producer explained: "There's no limit, we just sort of monitor things, they can have a drink and we are careful that they don't have too much to drink, but there's no limit, it's just a case by case basis."
Here's where to buy your Love Island water bottle (and why it will change your life)
Are the Love Island producers on social media?
11. The producers are just as addicted as we are and spend the hours after the show has aired trawling social media for reaction. "We are really invested in the cast already and consider them like our children."
Do the producers match-make Love Island couples?
12. The producers never get the match-making right. One of them told us that they all sit around and try and pair the potential couples up - and have never got it right!
Is there a psychologist for Love Island?
13. It can get pretty intense in the villa so there’s pyschological help on hand for anyone who needs it.
Do the Love Island cast get free clothes and makeup?
14. There's plenty of makeup and clothes on offer for the Islanders. GHD has supplied all of the hair styling tools (from straighteners to curlers) in the glam room, while Superdrug has stocked the bathroom full of toiletries. Missguided is offering the Islanders clothes to supplement their own wardrobes - and Kendall confessed she's taking an impressive ten pairs of shoes with her.
First look: This is the beauty accessory that the Love Island cast will be wearing in the villa
How long did it take to build the Love Island villa?
15. The new villa took eight weeks to put together and it's a complete set that's brought in every year. The sundeck is very different this year and comes away from the wall, while a swing has been added to help with filming.
What is the security like on Love Island?
16. Anyone coming and going from the villa has to use hand sanitiser to keep germs out. There's also tonnes of security on site and gates to stop any trespassers sneaking in.
Who cooks for the Love Island cast?
17. A catering station is set up in the grounds of the villa with chefs on hand to make food for the production team and the Islanders.
Are the Love Island cast given contraception?
18. Love Island have their own branded range of condoms - there are over 200 in the house and they will be replenished as needed.
How many cameras are there in the Love Island villa?
19. There are 72 cameras dotted around the villa. They are mostly hidden so the contestants will forget they are being filmed.
Primark has given us a sneak peek of its Love Island fashion range and it's our type on paper
Is the Love Island grass real?
20. The grass and flowers are all fake in the villa.
What are the Love Island slogans?
21. All around the villa, there are neon slogans on the wall including “Get laid all night long”, and famous Love Island catchphrases from last year like 'muggy', 'crack on' and 'all my eggs in one basket'.
Are there cameras in the Love Island toilet?
22. There ARE cameras in the toilet just in case but the footage isn’t monitored. They have it for health and safety reasons.
What's in the Love Island hideaway?
23. The Hideaway has a kingsize bed with gold sheets, a fur throw and a mirrored headboard, as well as its own private terrace with sprawling views of the hills.
Here's your first look inside the super plush new Love Island villa
Are there clocks in Love Island?
24. Just like Big Brother, there are no clocks in the villa meaning the Islanders never know what the time is.
What are the Love Island Jacuzzi rules?
25. The contestants are not allowed to jump into the Jacuzzi for a dip unless the producers say that they're allowed to.
After a first look at the official merchandise and the new love island cast of 2018, the time is FINALLY upon us. That's right, people, wave goodbye to your social life for eight weeks because Love Island 2018 is finally here - but it's not too late to apply for Love Island 2018 so act fast!
Love Island 2018: All the details you need to know
Get to know the new cast before they head in...
Предлагаем Primobol купить недорого с доставкой.