Grey hair, pastel, balayage and layage are all daring hair colour trends that have caught our attention. But the one colour we still can't get enough of is 'Rose Gold Hair'. The good news? This dreamy shade is still on trend in 2018 for those who want a more subtle version of pink hair.
Forever a sucker for rainbow coloured hair, I decided to try this special shade of pink for myself.
Heading into one of the best hair salons in London, on Great Titchfield Street, I had a consultation where we decided on a 'mellow rosé' shade – a golden-pink that was very fashun darling.
Here's five things I learned from taking the pink plunge:
- If you're scared of a permanent change, talk to your hairdresser. I was sh*tting it before my appointment, but the colourist at knew exactly what he was doing and really reassured me. He re-did my blonde first and applied demi-permanent pink toners over the top. This meant the change wasn't permanent and once it eventually faded (roughly between 10-20 washes), I would have a beautiful blonde waiting for me underneath.
- TAN. It was the first thing I did when I got home from my appointment. Pastel colours can wash you out, so if you're as pale as I am, a good bronzing will work wonders.
- Have plenty of light-coloured clothes on stand-by. I found whites, pastel colours and greys worked best with this shade of hair.
- Gold and bronze eye makeup looked amazing. Something about the metallic-ness of your hair and the shimmer of the eyeshadows just WORKS.
- Your hair colour will look really different depending on the light. In natural light mine looked like bright, golden pink, whereas in darker light I could pass as gingery strawberry blonde.
But most importantly, treating myself to a mellow rosé change was so FUN! I had so many compliments and it's such an easy way for blondes to play around with their look (without too much commitment). JUST DO IT!
Convinced yet? Scroll on down for all the inspirational hairstyles and tips you need...