Did you notice how whenever any of the girls had a big date or night out in the villa, she would use her makeup artist skills to transform them into absolute goddesses? Now that's a good friend to have around.
Makeup artist first, Love Island second
Before heading into the villa on her search for love, Alexandra spent the past four years working as a full-time as a makeup artist. A career choice that was spurred by an accident...
"I actually used to be a ballroom dancer, and I got injured and I had to have surgery on my knee, which kind of put me out of dancing", says Alexandra.
"And by that point I hadn't gone to university, and I knew I wanted to stay in the creative field, so I thought 'well what do I love the most and what am I good at?', so I went on to do a makeup course and haven't looked back since."
Despite her on-screen success, when asked if makeup artistry is the career she'll continue to pursue, her answer was an 'absolutely, yes'.
And with career highlights like creating looks backstage at Paris Fashion Week – "the couture shows were amazing!", working with Rick Astley – "never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down", we don't blame her.
Alexandra admits she was probably the one who took the longest to get ready on Love Island, but during the day this would only be ten minutes or so, as the girls didn't wear much makeup.
"I would cleanse my face, put on a tinted moisturiser and my classic, pink Vaseline, and maybe pluck out any stray hairs underneath my eyebrows."
A morning routine very different to her teen days when she 'had the thinnest eyebrows ever, wore Dream Matte Mousse all over my face and way too much powder'.
These days, Alexandra's top 3 products are:
- Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser, £34,
- The Sensual Skin Enhancer, £39,
- Lip Therapy Petroleum Jelly Rosy Lips, £1.95
And when it comes to beating under-eye bags, her surprising secret is using haemorrhoid cream, .
"It helps the blood flow and soothes as well as moisturises the skin", she says.
Best makeup tips
Not only is Alexandra amazing at doing her own makeup, but we sussed out a few of her clients and damn sis, check this out:
So of course, we stole her top 3 makeup tips:
- Apply powder on your t-zone area first and then lightly dust everywhere else so you don't end up looking too cakey.
- Apply your eyebrow products on the end of your brows first, then use the excess product on the front of your brows, to achieve that feathered look and keep the heaviest bit of product on the tail.
- I apply highlighter on my Cupid's Bow and just the centre of my bottom lip to make them look a bit fuller.